Witnessing an ocean of traffic flood through the metaphorical gates of your beloved blog is a dream to most.
But building a good level of traffic doesn’t have to be a pipe dream. With a lot of hard work, quality content, and marketing nous, you can produce a well-trafficked blog. Here are 50 tips to get you on the right track.
- Write great posts.
- Write more posts (do you post 3x per week? Try 5x per week).
- Be among the first to break a hot story.
- Write something controversial.
- Write list posts.
- Create irresistible headlines.
- Use Feedburner.
- Submit key articles to ezinearticles.com for syndication.
- Write guest posts.
- Invite guest posters.
- Host webinars with other bloggers – tap into their audience.
- Start producing videos and tap into the huge YouTube market.
- Start producing a podcast and tap into the huge iTunes market.
- Start a periodical newsletter to bring visitors back to your blog on a regular basis.
- Create “link love” posts and let each blogger know that you are linking to them.
- Make your blog beautiful.
- Make your blog easy to navigate.
- Use breadcrumbs.
- Optimize your posts for SEO (permalink, title, description, headers, content, etc).
- Create loads of relevant tags and link them to your posts.
- Interlink your pages.
- Submit your site to major directories.
- Always use relevant alt tags and titles for your images.
- Include a link to your blog in any and all online profiles you complete.
- Search out and follow likeminded people on Twitter (search by keyword, or by hashtags, etc).
- Always follow those who re-tweet your content.
- Comment on other people’s Facebook pages to drive traffic back to your own.
- Mention other Facebook pages on your wall and you will show up in their feeds.
- Jump on the Google+ bandwagon and create your own page.
- Make sharing simple – include highly visible social media buttons on your posts.
- Submit your best posts to social bookmarking sites such as Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Interact with peers on forums.
- Reach out to bloggers you like – build relationships.
- Keep in touch with bloggers you know – nurture relationships.
- Provide insightful comments on other blogs and get to know other bloggers and commenters.
- Offer yourself up for interview on other bloggers’ podcasts.
- Interview other bloggers and tap into their audience.
- Talk to everyone about your blog. Don’t be shy.
- Print some business cards. Hand them to everyone and anyone.
- Attend blogging conferences and any “gatherings” related to your niche. Throw business cards around with wild abandon. Network like crazy.
- Create your own local periodical meet up for bloggers or for your blog’s niche.
- Release a free product and ask your readers to “pay with a tweet”.
- Write an eBook and market it voraciously.
- Produce a video course.
- Leave trackbacks on other blogs.
- Add your blog’s URL to your email signature.
- If writing for others, link back to your own blog (with permission only of course).
- Write a press release for your blog and publish it to the world.
- Hold a competition. The prize doesn’t have to be huge!
- Never stop trying new things.
That’s it! I could go on, but I think you have plenty to get started on, and I wanted to leave you with room for improvement.
What other tips can you think of for boosting your blog’s traffic?
Comments from Siangkiat:
What a great tips of attracting traffic, isn’t it?